Ok, here it is, as promised! All finished.
Now I am racing away with the second one, which has the underwashes in place already. Like an idiot, I didn't note down the colours used to make the sky in the first one, as I was certain I would remember. So, for the second painting I dived right in with my gamboge, naples yellow, and crimson alizarin. Now that it has dried, and I can compare the two, I think I must have added one of the cadmiums to the first one. The second one has slightly softer colouring. I'll have to add some in the next wash. Still, skies change from one minute to the next, so I don't think they have to be absolutely identical.
I have a really bold and scary plan for a textile / fibre art illustration to follow this one. It's been a long while since I did one of those, but I have an image forming in my head, and I am really excited at the thought of trying it. Hmmm, may have to wait a few weeks though, as I have an exhibition starting the first of March, for which I need to do some new, large, work for. In September last year, I thought I had masses of time to do it, and now I find it is only 6 weeks away, and I haven't got any closer to putting those ideas on paper. So if I disappear for a while, that is what I am working on!