Busy , busy , busy! I've commissions to finish by the end of the month, but I've been working like a woman possesed all week, and they are well on the way now. I did find time to paint a couple of little ACEOs, which I have listed on ebay.
We have all recovered from the rat incident, except Magpie, who has moved in to the kitchen corner and spends her time staring hard at the cd collection, no doubt hoping for a second moment of glory!
I thought I would come up with another 7 facts, but I wont pass the tag on this time. There seems to be a tagging frenzy on the blogosphere at the moment!
1. Sea green is my favourite colour, but I can't wear it - it makes me look horrid!
2. I spent 9 months in Penang, Malaysia, and Bangalore, India, working as a volunteer at animal sanctuaries. A completely eye-opening experience - wonderful and miserable all at the same time, and I came home with very different views than those I went out there with!
3. I am learning to play the violin! (well, that is not quite right - I have always wanted to play the fiddle, and finally bought an old one earlier this year. I have a 'teach yourself' book and cd, but I don't have time to get them out as much as I would like)
4. When I was a teenager, my pony got stuck in a bog on Dartmoor. It was a blanket bog, and she broke the surface and went through to half way up her belly, though I was light enough to stand on the surface. She struggled briefly , and gave up. That was a truly scary moment. I saw the resignation in her eyes, and realised she was just going to let herself sink. We were miles from anywhere, and the only thing I could do was hit her. I shouted and screamed, and smacked her from behind , beside myself with panic, and eventually she gave an almighty struggle and thrashed her way to the edge ( only a couple of metres away).
5. I love white chocolate toblerone.
6. I once trekked out to see the mountain gorillas in Virunga National Park ( Then Zaire, but now the Democratic Republic of Congo)
7. The first band I ever saw was The Pixies when I was 15. It opened up a whole new world!
PS. Don't forget the print giveaway doesn't close till Sunday night ( UK time) so there is still time to enter! Add your comments on the IF Pretend post!