Friday 1 August 2008

exploding greenhouse and a polar pegasus


http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320281751478&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011#ebayphotohosting

Wow, we have had 3 days of rain, and the humidity has turned my garden into a jungle. Hence the exploding greenhouse! Earlier in the season I filled it with tomatoes and coriander - nicely full. One day my 4 year old son Jude, and his friend came in from playing outside and said they had been planting pumpkins. I was feeling distracted, and didn't pay much attention to this - they probably didn't even know what a pumpkin seed looked like.
Lo and behold, 2 weeks later, pumpkins started sprouting amongst my tomatoes, to my horror!
Jude persuaded me to leave one, and I am now deeply regretting it - it has turned into a complete monster and is growing out of the door, the windows, the vents, and it hasn't even begun producing pumpkins yet! I have visions of a Jack and the Beanstalk moment coming.

I have though managed to get some ACEOs painted today, and listed on Ebay - Grandma took the children off to see Wall-E as a rainy day treat. I have to say they came home decidedly unimpressed, which surprised me - I have heard good reviews. Anyway, they saw a trailer for Kung Fu Panda, and decided they would far rather see that. Quite like to see it myself!









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails